Total Pageviews

Sunday 7 March 2010

Alice In Wonderland.

Wow, I didn't realise it was so long ago since my first blog post! So sorry, I honestly just haven't had any inspiration on what more to write! If you have any ideas do let me know and I'll form a blog post around it; it can be whatever you like. :)

But as for now I'm going to talk about the film I went to see today: Alice in Wonderland.

This Blog Post Does Not Contain Spoilers!



Now, not being a great Disney fan I didn't have huge expectations although I definitely had a few considering the quality of actors used in this film, and I can fortunately say that Alice in Wonderland exceeded them. I loved the humour that the film included, especially towards the beginning which really added to the brilliance that was yet to come and made the former scenes seem a lot less boring than they probably were.

I thought Johnny Depp was brilliant as the mad hatter, simply incredible in fact. Matilde pointed out to me the way that he changed his accent a lot but I thought that added to the effect of him being completely and utterly bonkers!

I thought Stephen Fry as the Chesire Cat was brilliant, and I did love a bit of Tweedle Dum and Tweedle Dee! I also thought Mia Wasikowska was very good as Alice and I quite loved the White Rabbit, although slightly predictably the best acting in my eyes was Johnny Depp, a brilliant performance.

Like a lot of films these days, I did feel a bit discontented at the end (a bit like this blog, really!), like it could have done with something more. The ending was very cheesy and did make me cringe a little but other than that I would recommend going to see it. I didn't see it in 3D and was still quite impressed, although I wouldn't buy it on DVD I wouldn't mind seeing it again one day.

7.5/10

1 comment:

  1. Awesome review! Really covered the good and the bad rather well :)

    I'm glad you added your initial thoughts, before watching the movie, as well. I know that's how I'd feel about a Disney movie too, so now I'm tempted to watch this! :3

    I hope to see some more posts soon, I feared the death of this blog when you were absent for a while D:

    KIU!!! ^_^

    ReplyDelete